Monday 22 August 2011

Simon's Birthday Layout

Hello there my Blogging Friends. 

Whether you are one of my lovely Followers or have come here by chance you are all welcome to sit and have a nosey at what I am up to today.


I thought I would show you a layout I have done recently of my lovely Hubby on his Birthday earlier this year.  We had gone out to our local Hostelry for a meal and it was the first time I had left the house since having my knee operated on.  In fact, the t-shirt Hubby is wearing I bought when I was wandering around on-line whilst recouperating and thought it was funny.  It says "Warning - Beekeeper with an attitude". 



The papers I have used are My Mind's Eye - So Sophie.  I absolutely love the whole range of these papers. 


I especially love this yellow background.





The Bees were stamped using my Jo Capper-Sandon stamp onto watercolour paper with Archival ink and then painted using DIs before stamping over again and embossing with clear embossing powder. The background has been stamped with Autumn Leaves and Hero Arts stamps.

Both the main title and the smaller ephemera pieces have been cut out using my Silhouette and the "Special" was made using an Autumn Leaves stam and punching it (as I cannot cut circles out to save my life!). A bit of distressing edges and doodling and hey presto a layout completed. 

This layout just goes to prove that you can use pink papers for a manly layout!!

I hope you like it and please don't forget to leave me a comment.  I do honestly appreciate them.  If you are new here, please do not hesitate to come back.

Bye for now!

No comments: