Saturday 20 August 2011

GM 20 - I'm Late but Celebrating!!

Good Evening there Crafters

I hope this Saturday night finds you all well. 

I thought I was going to be missing this week's Grungy Monday as (1) on Tuesday when I got home horror of horrors our internet had gone down! and (2) the project I was working on for this challenge is fated as things have been happening all week which has prevented me being able to work on it - drat people's birthdays!!

So tonight I had to think of another project for which to enter the challenge and pray that the internet will be kind to me and work so that I can post the final project!!

The subject matter was chosen for me as today (drum roll please...) two of our lovely little chooks laid eggs for us!!!  Hoorah Hoorah!!  Hence why the celebration.  So what could my chosen subject be I wonder.  Without further ado......

Unfortunately the photographs aren't very good as I have had to take them using electric light (even tho it is a daylight bulb) and had to place it on a cabinet so that the light could reach it which meant I had to stand on tippey toes!!

My chooks are Light Sussex so naturally they are black and white but if the light catches the black feathers they have a beautiful shimmer on them hence the perfect pearls.

Off to have a look at some of the other lovely peeps' work on the laptop downstairs before I have an early night!!  Off for a workshop with the lovely Hels Sheridan tomorrow so have to be up at 6am on a Sunday!!!!  (What???!! Guaranteed to be a whole heep of fun though!) 

Hope you all have a fab rest of the weekend folks!  Please feel free to leave me a message.  Don't forget if you wish to see the wonderful Tim Holtz call by his blog for news, ideas and inspiration!

Crafty Hugs

Hettie

Ingredients:-
Ranger - Tag die, DIs (Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone), Archival ink (Black), Distress Stickles (Rock Candy, Peeled Paint, Wild Straw, Frayed Burlap - honest!), Enamel, Dabber (snowcap), embelly, Perfect pearls (kiwi, pearl); Stamps - Crafty Individuals, Hero Arts; Copic pens (E11,R46, E100, E47, G99, Y28, E43, Y17, BV23); Fibres, chicken (Kaisercraft), ribbon, cardstock, watercolour paper. 

5 comments:

Sarn said...

FAB project!

Congrats on the chooks starting to lay. It's egg-citing isn't it (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Hugs, Sandra

Kim said...

Gratz on the egg-laying!! Your tag is fabulous! I love the feathers, such a nice touch. Have fun at the workshop! Very jealous!!I'd love to get a chance to meet Hels-her blog is a riot.

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Congrats on the Hens and I'm totally jealous of your class with Hels. Absolutely beautiful job on the tag. Lovely commeration!

Gerri Herbst said...

Simply Egg-credible piece of art. Love allthe chickens , eggs and feathers! Beautiful colors too. take care, gerri

Polly Polkadot said...

I've only just spotted this (I was looking for a link on your blog - to spend more money), scrolling through, I haven't read it but I love, love love the tags!