Wednesday 17 February 2016

Wedding Card for Alex and Steve...

Hello Friends

Just a quickie to share a card I made for friends of mine that got married recently.  We were invited to the wedding, but unfortunately due to the MIL being poorly.  We missed a fabulous day judging by the photographs we saw.  So here is their card...

This is the nearest I could get to a white on white card.  I just could not do it...needed some colour even if it was just gold.
I finally remembered to use my StickIt and die cut a new Spellbinders die as well as my SU flutterbies die.  I added some VOS gold aurora spots that I bought from QVC back in the day.  The stamp is one I always use and I used gold from Delicata.  This really is a beautiful ink and is worth tracking down if you are looking for a gold.  It took me a while to find it.  

I mounted this onto some gold holographic card before mounting it onto the card.

I did manage to use some of my Snippets up like a good little smartie so am off to the Snippets Playground to play with the mischievous bunch while Miss is out on teacher training!!! 

My lovely friend Mrs A has reminded me that I can join in with the Butterfly Challenge with this card as it has stamping and butterflies on it!!!

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Very pwettie with the added gold and if you want to be even more of a smartie pants you could fluuterby my latest challenge which requires Stamping + butterflies. hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful creation, great design and some lovely dies, the gold looks stunning.

Kath x

Barb said...

This is lovely Hettie. Some lovely dies and that sentiment is a beauty. Very brave of you stamping directly onto that lovely white card. I like the holographic behind too. What a shame you missed the wedding of your friends. I hope your MIL has improved. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

Thankyou for being an extra good smartie pants and entering into my butterfliy challenge. Hope your feeling tons better now. Hugs Mrs A.

Helen said...

Simple, elegant .. and nearly white on white! Love the pop of the gold holographic card layer.

Sarn said...

Ooh, this is lovely Sam. Tres elegant and Delicata(!).

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what a wonderful card, and beautifully designed also.
Love the fab bits of gold on it too.
I bet they loved it as well.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

AlisonC said...

Love white on white. Your card is beautiful and elegant. The gold adds a lovely touch of colour and class. Thanks for the tip about the gold ink, I do have trouble with gold.
It is good to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge.

Jean said...

A lovely card, I like the touch of gold and the die cut is gorgeous.
Jean x

Brenda said...

This is a gorgeous white on white card Sam! The hint of gold is just perfect and makes for a very classy card. I love the dies you used, they were perfect for a wedding card. Hugs, Brenda

scrappymo! said...

This WOW card is so elegant! A perfect Wedding card.The gold accents looks great on this gorgeous card.

Lesley said...

Lovely design foe a wedding card . . . .lesley x