Wednesday 6 January 2016

Wedding Card for Dawn and Steve..

Hello There

I have a hard day tomorrow so I thought I would share a little card I made towards the end of last year for a friend of mine who was getting married.  .........


I cut the top layer on my Silhouette before mounting it on the card base.  I had lent some stamps to Dawn for her (or should I say Steve) to stamp some images onto their place cards.  Dawn kindly gave me the stamp pads she used and so I knew the colours of her wedding which was the turquoise colour of the ribbon and background.

I decided the card needed some zing, so I spritzed it with Tattered Angels spray, thought the picture doesn't show the shimmer very well, possibly because it had not fully dried when I took the photo.  I forgot to photograph the inside - doh!!

Dawn and Steve loved the card (phew) and had a wonderful wedding day.

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

9 comments:

Diane said...

Happy New Year Hettie, love the color and card design.

Hugs Diane

Mrs A. said...

Be thinking of you tomorrow. chin up. hugs Mrs A.

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with all of those cut-out hearts and turquoise ribbon! I love the silver cording with the jingle bell too. I hope your day is a good one tomorrow regardless of what you're up against!

Sarn said...

Beautiful card mate.

Hope all goes well today. Sending lotsa hugs yr way xxx

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Hi Hettie, This card is gorgeous. I really love the top layer of hearts. How lovely that you were able to match their colours. Those tattered Angels sprays do give a lovely effect. Barbxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a lucky couple to receive this beauty! Hearts upon hearts, makes my heart sing! My favorite shape and you've chosen such beautiful colors. <3

Kathleen said...

Ooo, get you, Silhouette, very posh. Lovely creation and lovely colours.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty! I love the cutwork piece with the hearts. Reminds me of cutwork stitching!