Tuesday 4 August 2015

Get Well Soon George...

Hello there

Wonderful "summer" weather we are having....NOT!!  Come on summer!! 

I was pootling around my blog and found this in my "draft" or should that be "daft" posts so thought I would share it with you.

Not much to say other than I did a little stenciling, picked some papers out of the Snippets drawer and stamped a Cockeral and coloured him in with Copics and a teeny bit of H2Os on the feathers in his tail.


A little bit of string and a heart cut from a previous card and hey presto a card for my friend George who was poorly at the time.

Off to the Snippets Playground with this.  I understand Miss is having a rest (playing hookey to you and me) and Eve is in charge this week!!  I hope she has eyes in the back of her head to keep an eye on all the mischief makers.  You know who you are!!

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

11 comments:

Eve said...

Hi there Hettie!

thank you so much for entering the playground with your stunning card! I love how you have created the background - very clever! and your cockerel is coloured perfectly.
I keep chickens myself but no cockerel (I don't think that my neighbours would like it!!)

It was lucky that I had a tip off about some antics behind the bike sheds - you would not believe what was going on!!!
Eve xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
great snippets card.
Wonderful image, and great design.
You need to move to my part of Kent as we have had a glorious summer.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarn said...

What a fabulous card mate. Love all the snippets and you did a good job of colouring the cockerel.

Pssst . . . there is cheap chocklit if you meet me you know where.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Belinda Basson said...

I have had a few things in the daft folder too! Love the chicken wire embossing folder you used on here...quite appropriate I think.

Kathleen said...

Great card Sam, fabulous colouring and like the addition of the chicken wire EF.

Weather dreadful here too.

Kath x

Anonymous said...

Such a great card which I have no doubt your friend truly appreciated. The colours and the chicken wire texture are all so perfect for the image and also the piece of tied jute.
Brilliant!
Wishes
Lynne

Barb said...

I love this card. It's so bright and sunny. It's perfect for someone whose feeling under the weather. That cockerell is a great chappie. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you let this handsome fella out, Sam! He's much too gorgeous to reside in the daft file!

Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...

Want the stamp and embossing folder!!

He is wonderful, so very much strutting his stuff in that pose. You've coloured him beautifully too and that's a fabulous layout Karen xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous cockerel colouring - he's absolutely splendid! Love the panelled design too.
Alison xx