Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Rudolph Day....just...

Hello There!

I am very nearly out of time to join in with the March Rudolph Day and am getting in there with a sideways slide and crash!!  Things have been a bit hectic at Chez Hettie and wonderfully topped off with our internet failing us.  Apparantly BT think it is quite acceptable for the internet to be dropped and out of action up to 5 times in a day with the result that our internet is unavailable for 23 out of 24 hours!!!!  So I hope they don’t mind if I reduce their payment to 23/24ths this month!!  I think not!

So here we go. 




Last week I received this NBUS stamp from Lawn Fawn.  It “fell into my basket” whilst I was buying another die and stamp set that my friend Darnell MADE me buy.  These are my first Lawn Fawn products and so far I likie.  I have not found many retailers in the UK and the one I did find only had the stamps I wanted…no die.  So I wandered to their site and discovered you can order direct and what’s more I could use Paypal so no setting up an account for which I will forget which email I have used and what password.  Result! They were very quick and I was able to make three cards to join in with the Challenge. 


I can see this die being use a lot this year. 

All the papers came out of my Christmas Snippets basket so that is a little less stuff in there! It also means I can join in with the Easter Egg Hunt at the Snippets Playground this week.

Stamps used are Tim Holtz and Hero Arts and I used WOW Sparkling Snow embossing powder with Versamark.  The Bakers Twine is Papermania and so is the paper - VOS.   Punch is EK Success.


Phew!  Glad I got that in in time.  Thanks for calling by.  Don’t forget to stick some lead in your shoes to stop you from blowing away.  It is very windy in the UK right now.  My Girls are not happy about the wind, I can tell you!

Be safe!

Hettie



15 comments:

Sarn said...

Cor . . . you JUST made it Sam. But you've got THREE lovely Rudolph Day cards to show for your efforts. Lovely die and sweet bg papers.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda said...

I skated in too to the challenge. lol love your cards!! So fun and so festive! How is that they businesses don't see anything wrong with their practices until you pay them the way your service works?! Then it is is a whole other ballgame! What ever happened to the customer is always right? lol So different anymore and I'm not so sure it is for the better. Good luck with the internet thing. Hugs,
Brenda

Karen Petitt said...

They are gorgeous cards Hettie! Love that die cut! And the pink, grey and white paper is divine! We are terrible enablers aren't we lol! Have a lovely Easter weekend - hopefully you will bet a little more time to play Karen x

scrappymo! said...

Sorry you are having trouble with your internet. The first couple of years we were up at the lake, our internet was like that too! Now they rewired the lots and it is finally better...hope yours gets fixed too.

Three lovely cards and my fave is the one with that adorable owl...but of course I LOVE them all.I can see why you had to have this die!

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph dAys Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
I am so glad you managed to make these fab creations too.
I love them they are brill.
I do love your way with words, and I will have to remember that one that they fell into my basket not put there. lol.
I guess we can all blame our blog friends for most of our purchases, as we see the lovely creations Nice to hear that company was so good.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jean said...

Glad you made it in time with these lovely cards. The scenic die cut is great, I can see why it was nescessary to buy it!
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Three very nice cards indeed, love the black and white one especially.
Thought you had been a bit quiet this week, don't you just get fed up of the internet one way and another.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Awesome looks with these fun new products. Ya gotta watch Our Darnell...she is quite the enabler. But this time, I think you did great to follow that impulse, cause you got some good schtuff. Love the dancing line of Rudys against that curvy hill with the tree scape atop it. Think these sets will be Uber versatile. Well done,and hope the internet problem gets resolved. TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

So Darnell enables you too eh? That woman has influence over us that she isn't even aware of! LOL Seriously, this trio of cards is very pretty, and you will absolutely love every Lawn Fawn item you buy! I love those little trees on the hill - so cute!

Di said...

Wonderful cards Sam! Love the row of deer across the black and white one - and the die is fabulous! I guess you could even use it by carefully snipping the trees off if you fancied doing that.

I remember when BT used to reduce your quarterly bill if for some reason your landline was out for over 24 hours - so much reduction per day. Bet they don't do it for the internet though :(

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Fabby Christmas cards Sam! have a lovely Easter weekend huggles Sue xx

Bonnie said...

This is a great die, Sam! Looks like it has already earned its keep! Three more for the stash and a smaller snippet bin sounds like the perfect combination!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That die of a line of trees... to die for (pardon the pun). I love what you've done with it. And hooray for Darnell for enabling you!

Greta said...

Oh these are so cute! I still don't have any Lawn Fawn, but maybe this year!

Words and Pictures said...

I would love to see BT's reaction if you did only pay 23/24ths of the bill!

Love your mini Christmas treeline - really effective cards - can't decide whether I like the b&w or the pretty in pink the best. I love the white trees against the black skyline, but that owl is very cute!
Alison xx