Tuesday 4 March 2014

Scrapbook Tuesday - T is for.....Anticipation

Hello there!  

Is it me or are Tuesdays coming round quicker this year?  Here we are again on a Tuesday and I have another scrapbook page to share with you whilst you have a slurp of your tea.  As usual I am playing along with Elizabeth and Bleubeard for T on Tuesday.

This layout shows my niece and nephew on Christmas Eve at my parent's home.  The colours are not good and the second photo is more like the original.  My sister and I arranged to meet there to have a bit of a get together and pressie swap.  The last fews years one or more of us have been too poorly to go so it was nice to all make it there this year!

Why "Anticipation" you may be asking?  Rhys and his wife were expecting their first child as its anticipated due date was approaching.  Megan.  Well she just likes pressies and wine!  I splashed a little paint and swooshed some on the patterned paper.  Then stamped with a star.

I am sharing some Dorset Tea with you in a Sophie Alport chicken mug.  The tea was brought back by my neighbours in a gorgeous tin with chickens on it.  My neighbour knew I would like the tin!

A close up of some of the elements on my layout.  I used the TH lace die and some Snippets of paper to create a lace effect. The little piece of ribbon was cut for something else a while back so glad to be able to use it rather than lose it.   The date stamp was sent to me by a very dear friend and is a Theresa Collins stamp. 
I cannot believe how long ago I bought these reindeer.  I think they were supposed to be table decorations but I knew they would look good as scrapbook embellishments.  I was trying to pick out the reindeer in Megan's jumper.
I used some old brads and eyelets on the page.  Great to use up old stash isn't it?  The star stamp was a freebie with Craft Stamper.  I cut the title out using my Cricut.
You can see the little word beads I used, again bought many moons ago.  In fact the only new thing is the owl!  It is rare to see Megan without a smile, but being a professional ballet dancer it is no surprise.  Oh to be able to do what you love for a living!

Thanks for popping over.  Please call by the Teahouse to meet other tea drinkers.  Other beverages are available!  Also feel free to join us at the Snippets Playground.  New playmates are always welcome.

Hettie

26 comments:

Di said...

Gorgeous layout Sam and I spotted the reindeer link right away! Almost got a Scandinavian feel to it all.

Your PB stamp will be posted ASAP this week BTW!

Hugs

Di xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As someone who is not a scrapbooker, this is lovely. It not only has all the beautiful elements, it has a ton of extras. But the fact you dug into your stash and used what you had made it all even more appealing to my frugal senses.

Your mug is stunning. I'm going to have to use my Taylor and Ng chicken mug one of these days. I keep forgetting about it when I contemplate my T post.

Thanks for sharing this during T today.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I spied those prancing reindeer on Megan's sweater (jumper) right away! Wonderful how you tied everything together. I don't scrap either, but I sure appreciate all the work and details in your page.

Terry said...

Such a festive scrapbook page! I love all the little elements you have added. Adorable picture and that owl on the top is a hoot! Hope you are enjoying the week!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great layout to preserve good memories. They are a very handsome couple and I hope all goes well for the birth. I love your use of embellishments!

Linda Kunsman said...

I am not a scrapbooker-never was but it certainly doesn't mean I don't admire the gorgeous layouts I see-like this one!! What a gorgeous couple. Happy T day!

Darla said...

You got me with the raindeer. This is a great scrapbook page.

Darla

Sarn said...

Fab layout! xxx

dawn said...

What a pretty layout, I love the color and goodies you used. The picture is a cute one too.

Fun teacup you have there. Thanks for sharing today and Happy T Day!

Darnell said...

Congratulations to the young couple! How exciting and omg, what a handsome/pretty little baby they are going to have. Yikes those are gorgeous people!! I wish them all the best!

Your page is just a delight, through and through, Sam. I wish I had your sense of design layout. I aspire! Hugs, Darnell

fairy thoughts said...

the great thing about scrapbooking is the way you tie everythingvtogether (doh) even the smallest embellishments are memories in their own way. hopw all goes well with the baby my DD1 only has 3 weeks to go. i didbenjoy my shopping the other day andim jusy guessung but are you a jane austin fan by any chance.... i did shop nicely....a lot
janet

~*~Patty S said...

Fab and fun page featuring that precious couple...so sweet!!!
Hope you had a happy T day...
oxo

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous layout and colours and some super embellishments.

Kath x

Ariel said...

What a wonderful layout! I love those little reindeers, they are so adorable.
Susan

Denise Price said...

Thanks for your T Day visit to my blog. I had no idea that the Cake Walk is a real dance. The cake walk where I won my cupcakes was just a random chance carnival game.

Your scrapbook page is great! I especially love the little reindeer embellishments. Happy T Day. :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love those reindeer along the bottom. They were perfect for this page. Megan and Rhys look so happy in this photo. What a great page to preserve some precious memories.

Happy tea drinking!

creatorme said...

Happy T-Day!
Great layout and beautiful use of colors and elements. I am sure they will enjoy this.
Love your mug ... chicken/rooster, I can relate!

MaryH said...

What a treasure you've created on this layout. Your young folks just radiate happiness and your Anticipation was inspired thinking on all counts. Loved the reindeer motif you picked up from her sweater. They surely are handsome youngsters, and wish them all the best with the new arrival! TFS & Hugs

lisa said...

What a lovely LO, Sam and such a beautiful photo, they look really happy.
Love your gorgeous cute reindeers!!!
Never heard of Dorset Tea, is it like a fruit variety or traditional, I see you don't have any milk in it!!
Hope all is good your end.
hugs Lisax

Krisha said...

Sorry I missed T-day, but came to visit anyway.

I really, really like this LO, such a cute couple. A new baby how fun. I have a GD named Megan, love the name.

Dianne said...

Such a cute layout and great combination of elements! love the red, and a fun photo too! happy T day a bit late...

Halle said...

What a cute couple! The layout with the b&w photo is fantastic!!
Sorry I'm late but I did manage a post...a day late and all. :)
http://www.halleshobbies.com/t-tuesday-wednesday-edition/

scrappymo! said...

Loving the Nordic feel to this great Christmas time loayout. Your cousin- in-law has such a gorgeous smile!

Those tiny reindeer are cute and love that you were able to use up some stash. Especially things like brads and eyelots. i am trying to remember to use some too.
Have a project coming up that polichs off a lot of brads!

Off to catch up on your posts...

Karen Petitt said...

Fab layout! The photo of your niece is stunning - they look so carefree and happy - it is a joy to look at.
As Miss says the papers and embellishments give it a real Nordic feel and I love that owl xx

Bonnie said...

What a happy looking couple! Perfect paper for a Christmas page! Love the little reindeer and the mug!

Rita said...

Ah, yes! It is always good to use up stash. Cute layout! Happy very belated T-Day! :)