Saturday 7 December 2013

A Special Journal for a Special Friend!

Hello There

I recently made a very special friend of mine a little RAK and sent it to her in the post as a surprise.  I know she liked it and hope you do too!

I took a piece of leather, backed it with some paper.  Made some signatures and stitched them in by hand with a slight twist.
Yep!  I stitched beads on the spine.
















Finished it all off with a leather cord to close the Journal up.

I know my friend liked it and I hope you do.

Have a great weekend.

Hettie

8 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

I'm not surprised she liked it - it's absolutely gorgeous. Have you tried selling them? I would imagine they'd go like hot cakes lol!
I love that rich colour and your skills in bookbinding/signatures is fantastic! Have a lovely weekend x

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous! Looks like it belongs in a posh shop!

Beautiful colour and handiwork.

Julie Lee said...

Wow! I love this! For some reason it reminds me of those gorgeous sashes that fasten kimonos! What a lovely gift! Julie Ann xx

Sarn said...

I happen to know she LOVED it - and why not . . . it's divine.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

rach said...

Wow! that is stunning! Love it, well done. Rach

Sue said...

Oh wow this is stunning Sam what fab work this is! huggles Sue xxx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful journal, Hettie! Of course your friend liked it!

Words and Pictures said...

As RAKs go, this is a fabulous one! What a beautiful journal, Sam. I agree with Karen - they'd sell like hotcakes...
Alison xx