Sunday 4 August 2013

Lavinia Stamp - Thank You.....

Hello Peeps

Just a short post this afternoon, but I will be back blog hopping later today once I have housey duties finished!  Hate doing housey stuff as it gets in the way of crafting!!  Ho Hum!

Though I am doing the Happy Dance today as I have two new Followers - Bonnie and Toni.  Thank you. Do go check out their blogs as there is some bootiful stuff on them both.

I was recently lucky enough to win the Fairy stamp from my Buddy who runs the Playground which I often frequent.  It didn't take long before hitting the doorstep before I had it inkied up, though I did wait a few days before turning it into a card.  

A little masking, some Distress, Archival and Memento inks and Stickles and a whole lorra fun went in to creating this card.  I wish I had taken a photo of the envelope before posting it as I doodled all over it!!!  I have not heard from the recipient yet, but I am sure she has received it by now.  The lilac backing card was from the Snippets box (does anyone's Snippet receptacles ever go down?) so I shall be taking it to a very soggy Playground.  Why not join us by using Snippets to make anything you wish and link up - we really are a friendly bunch you know!

The Challenge over at Lavinia Stamps this month is "Anything Goes" so I shall be putting this in there too.

Thanks for calling by.  See ya all later and hope you have had a good weekend.  Off to clear the spare bedroom ready to strip wallpaper.  Need to redecorate as we have schpecial guests coming from US later this year so want it schpick 'n' span for their arrival!

Hugs

Hettie 

17 comments:

Di said...

Oh Sam, this beautiful card is on my desk in front of me as I type. I adore it! Good enough for Lavinia's DT I think. AND the envelope was a scream - our postie thinks I've got some very eccentric friends. Err, is that a cat's rear end on the back?

Hugs, Di xx

Eileen said...

Sam ... this is truly fabulous.Thank you so much for entering this little beauty into our challenge and may I just say a HUGE thank you for the comments and interest in my blog ... very much appreciated!
Eileen xxx

Anonymous said...

100% pretty.
The colours and use of the stamp bring a lovely ethereal quality - gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

Di said...

Really love your beautiful card Sam. Good luck! Di xx

Words and Pictures said...

A really magical card - gorgeous inky blending in your sky, and what a beautiful stamp. I LOVE the tiny mushrooms!!
Alison x

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE this inky creation. Funnily enough . . . I used that fairy stamp myself this very afternoon!

Good luck in the Lavinia challenge.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Belinda Basson said...

NO, my snippits box is an ever growing pile and I emptied it by giving the contents to the little girl next door! I think the fairies double it while we are sleeping...

tilly said...

lovin the faeries and the little mushrooms, a beautiful card
Tilly

MaryH said...

You're going to turn me into a fairy stamp admirer after all. This is another beauty using those little pixies. Liked the larger one too, and love that it's a woodland scene. Beautiful colors used to create this one, and congrats to you, for getting this one from our Playground buddy. Isn't she the most generous???I hate housey stuff too. As long as we can kick our way through a path, and the local Health Dept. doesn't pay a visit, I guess we're ok. Not as clean as should be, but not too filthy either!!! LOL. TFS & Happy week

Julie said...

Lovely lovely lovely! Clever stamping of the tree too, really creates the illusion of the fairy being tiny,playing in the moonlight! So glad to see your work at the Lavinia Challenge,spread the word, Di really needs to join us too;) I'm intrigued to find out about the envelope;)!
Happy stamping, Julie! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is so very pretty! Love the way you did the moon, it truly looks magical, beautiful fairy tale like make! Gorgeous!!

Mrs A. said...

Erm have you finished all those ickle white window frames den? Stripping in the hot weather is just we need.! I can bring me water gun over and fill with soapy water. Soon get that mucky wallpaper off. Gorgeous card and we need Miss to show us the envelope too. Hugs Mrs a.

Karen Petitt said...

I want Miss to show a picture of that cats bottom lol!
That comment created a very loud snort over here lol!
This is so beautiful Sam, gorgeous ephereal feel to it.
I really must get my Sheena faeries inked up! Good luck with the challenge and the decorating Karen x

Jackie said...

Lovely card you have made the colours work so well together. Those Lavina fairies are just so lovely
Jackie
http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

Pauline Butcher said...

Gorgeous card, and fab use of stamps. Thank you for entering it into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, DT member xxx

scrappymo! said...

OMG...you are always busy wih a project! The weather must have changed to cause you to move inside!
Your house is going to look fabulous when your friend visits!

This fairy card is gorgeous....she is dancing in the moonlight I believe!

Your inkiness is always perfect...forgot to ask you how you keep your fingers clean!

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card, Hettie....the colours are so vivid and fresh, and your choice of stamps is fab.
Thank you for sharing it with us in the Lavinia Stamps challenge....good luck.
Barbara xx