Monday 30 January 2012

Rudolph Day/Snippets Challenge - Christmas in January - Angel Singing

Hello Peeps

I still cannot believe that I am making Christmas cards in January.  Part of me says it is a good idea in that I will be well ahead come November, the other part of me (and a few friends) say that I am nuts and way too organised for my own good!! What do you think?  Be nice to me now!  I blame it all on Sandra when she text me into it (I can't say "talked" me into making cards early as we did it via text!)  Rudolph Day was her idea - not mine!  Though you still have tonight and tomorrow if you wish to join in with us.  Click HERE to be whizzed over to Sandra's blog where you will find more details.   

As you may know by now, I am taking part in the lovely Di's Snippets Challenge and I am hoping this will be good enough to allow me into the Playground this week!  I do hope you like, though the card does look a little washed out because of the flash on the camera.  Trust me this is the best photo I could get.  And I tried several different places.  It is more creamy in real life.  Hope you like it anyway.



I have used lots of bits out of my waste box including cream card, MME and Basic Grey papers as well as stamps by Hero Arts, Tim Holtz, Penny Black and Crafty Individuals, punches by Martha Stewart, Brad by Basic Grey, flowers Kaisercraft as well as ribbon and lace.  Inks were all Distress Inks Pumice Stone, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain as well as Perfect Pearls in gold and clear embossing powder.  Tools used were my lovely new Score Board and Distressing by Ranger.  

I think that is about it.  Off to have a look around Blogger and see what my Buddies have been up to, as well as linking this card up with Sandra and Di. Feel free to join me to see what the others have done.  Why not join us?  All you have to do is make a Christmas and/or rummage through your scraps and make a card, ATC, layout or anything your lickle fingers want to make.

TTFN 

Hettie

11 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Honey . . . I'm Ho-ome! What a lovely vintage feel Christmas card/snippet card you've made here! It's gorgeous.

Thanks for joining in for a second time. GOOD LUCK!

Hugs, Sarn xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Hettie

Well if you are too organised then I am too .. .. so we will keep each other company. I am determined to make my Christmas cards all year this year.

I love your snippet/rudolph make. Great image and of course I love the heart very much. LOL!!

Love Jules xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I'm with you too,Sam, Christmas cards and snippets and UIU in 2012. What a lot of things to think of. Love that card, in spite of the flash problem. It does take the colour away, doesn't it. I usually edit mine afterwards to bring down the tones a bit. See you in the playground this week. xx Maggie

Di said...

Brilliant card Sam - and very clever combining it for both Rudolph Day and the snippets playground. I love the image - and you always manage to get such a great vintage look about your creations. Perhaps a double play on the swings for combining both challenges?

Have a great day!

Di xx

Karen said...

Another really fab card Sam, I think its a great idea to try and get ahead with some Christmas cards! I think maybe I ought to take a look and make a start on some Christmas cards, as I failed terribly last year and had to but some :( Thanks for popping over and please do feel free to use the LO sketch if you want to, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Have a great day, luv Karen xxx

Kyla said...

Hurrah on using bits up from your scraps box!
As to making Christmas cards in January......well, I would like to say I am impressed by your organisational skills...however, I am taking bets on whether come November you will actually be able to find them!!! lol!

Kyla

karen said...

I love this card! You always have a great eye for the layout and the details! I know I will be jealous come next November when I am scrambling around and you are all finished your cards!
xoxo Karen

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thank you for your visit yesterday, Sam, and for your kind comments. I like this card of yours, such soft colours xx Maggie

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

PS just to clarify things, we have no real connection with the Needle Museum now, apart from an emotional one, and the fact that we live just up the road from it. However, we do have a number of needle making artefacts, such as a couple of well worn grindstones in the garden, and a few of the old metal formers for making the needles, and a couple of books written and published by my husband's uncle, J. G. Rollins, all about the mill and needle making in general. My OH's ancestors were all involved in needlemaking, while mine used some fo the needles, working in the saddlery trade in Walsall (and the lorinery trade too). Hope that explains things for you. xx Maggie

Polly Polkadot said...

Of course you are mad - you will lose them before Christmas, well I would anyway. Still if it fills up your spare time then you carry on.

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card. Absolutly beautiful