Monday 28 March 2016

Funkie Junkie Poinsettia...

Hello there Peeps!!!

Long time no hear I know.  I have been such a bad blogger lately but I am hopefully more settled now and hope to get back into the swing of things.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and that the Easter Bunny came to visit you.

Something I always try to keep up with is my making cards ready for Christmas and I usually join in with Mo's Rudolph Day.  There is still time and so I am sneaking this one in.  I had started to make it before Christmas but didn't finish it due to circumstances so I am sharing it now....

I was making it for the Funkie Junkie Challenge but missed it.  There are so many Snippets in there too so I am taking it to the Playground.  I hear Parsnip was dressed up as an Easter Bunny too and covered in choklit.  I had better take the wet wipes!!

To make the card I first of all stamped the background with versamark and my NBUS Stampendous poinsettia stamp and sprinkled it with gold embossing powder.  I die cut some card snippets with my TH die, inked the edge with versamark and again used gold embossing powder along the edges.  I used some hessian ribbon across the card, stamped a "label" sentiment and tag before adding some snowflakes both wooden and paper.
A peg to hold the label on and hey presto card was finished ready for sending.

Thanks for calling by.  I hope to visit you all very soon.

Hugs

Hettie

19 comments:

Kathleen said...

Well first of all I was going to say "why hasn't this shown up on my dashboard?" but just realised that I have left my dashboard to go to ScappyMo's.
Love it, fabulous embossing, really great embellishments.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

My goodness I am missing out on so much by my fear of heat embossing.
Your card looks gorgeous and although I really like the design of course, it is the different uses of the gold embossing that I LOVE.
That background you created is beautiful and the gold against the cobalt blue was a lovely touch.

The poinsettia is is beautiful and the gold again on this bloom really catches the eye!

Megan J said...

Hi Hettie, a truly amazing card, love the heat embossing, which I've never done either, lovely patterned poinsettia too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is such a beautiful card! Gorgeous colours and I love the embellishments you have used! I might have to take a look at this challenge - I don't want the rush I had last year! Hugs, Chrisx

LesleyG said...

A really rich sumptuous card xxx

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the patterned paper for the poinsettias, it makes them look textured.
Thanks for playing along at Rudolph Days Challenge this month
Jane
Rudolph Days DT

Sarn said...

Cor . . . that's a stunner Sam. Lots of luscious detail.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card, I love all of the embossing and the gorgeous poinsettia.

Sue xx

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol L said...

This is a real stunner with that gorgeous flower! I just love the gold edges and the burlap element, but that embossed background is fabulous!

Mrs A. said...

I was just thinking I hadn't seen you of late. Love this super chrissy card. The layers are bootiful and that poinsettia is fabby dabby. Did you see the egg I laid specially for easter? Miss Di tried sitting on it and said it was hers. hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

This is stunning Hettie. A really beautiful card. Barbxx

Jean said...

Gorgeous card Hettie, the poinsettia is beautiful and I love the gold embossing and the greeting tag.
Jean x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a gorgeous Poinsetta and your stunning heat embossing, thanks for joining us at March's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam GDT x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design...lovely card.xx

Darnell said...

It's so great to see you, Sam! It's clear that you have not lost one smidge of your incredible card designing talent! This is stunning!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Lesley said...

fabulous card - love the heat embossed back ground and pointsetia's - Lesley x

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning card - the gilded stamping is just gorgeous. I'm horrified to find I've not been here since March. I mean I know I've been halfway round the world and all that, but it's no excuse. Behold me prostrate in apology!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
It has been ages since I visited blog land. Glad to see you are still on top of making all those Christmas cards. This is beautiful! I love the poinsettias and gold embossing.
Best Wishes,
Kate