Sunday 23 June 2013

Leaving Card ....

Hello There!!

What a damp and miserable Sunday morning we have today. No surprise there then I s'pose.  A day for venturing into my Craft Room I think seeing as I am feeling a little better.  Don't try and skype me as I may just stay in my PJs and not bother to get dressed!

Before I venture in I thought I would share a card with you that I made for my friend Michelle in work recently.  She has moved to our other office, which is much closer to her home and so is now walkable instead of unreliable busable!

I set myself a challenge for this card, in that everything had to come out of my Snippets tin/box.  The only piece that didn't was the background book page which came out of the flower book you may have seen me use before.  It was bought for £1 and I have used it a fair bit since I bought it.

The brown piece of cardstock was out of my Snippets box and was originally in my spray box so I have no idea what colours were used on that!  I ran it through my TH embossing folder and then brushed with purple Treasure Gold wax.  The Butterflies were in the Tin.  The red butterfly is from a Sizzix die that I bought for my friend for Christmas.  Wish I hadn't!!!!
The orange flourish (cut a while ago from a Sizzix die was run through another embossing folder before being placed on the card.  The flower I made ages ago using TH die for another project but didn't use it and I added the turquoise piece which I had used a tiny piece of and TH paper lace before finishing it all off with some lilac glimmery spots.  The sentiment is an Artistic Outpost one, which I was testing out on a piece of cardstock before I used it on a project!  Seemed a shame to bin it!  It is much clearer IRL. 

Right then.  I am off to make a cuppa to take into my Craft Room.  Before I go I shall take this card to the Playground as it is positively brimming with Snippets.  If you are going to the Playground it seems Wellies and Souwesters are the order for the day.

Before I go, I just want to give a shout out to my latest follower Susie! Her comment made me giggle after she declared she was "sooo thankful for Tena ladies" on a comment the other day.  Guess I won't be sitting in her chair in the classroom!  

Hugs

Hettie

16 comments:

Sarn said...

Better to sit on HER chair than someone NOT using Tena Ladies I reckon!

Oh and your card is snippety gorgeous xxx

lisa said...

Glad you have made it into your craft room, Hettie and I don't blame you for staying in your pj's. It's not too bad here weatherwise, windy bright and showery!!!
Love your snippets card, it's gorgeous.
Hugs Lisax

Sue - said...

I think that is a great card and well done for using all snippets!

Belinda Basson said...

Having only surfaced after 11am - I have a cold...I am only one step above PJs and am in my track suite...its white and hubby just called me a snow man. Had "lunch" at 4pm...all out of whack today...

Karen Petitt said...

It's a gorgeous card and an awesome snippet creation.
We're not allowed to wear PJ's on Sunday? I'll have to check with Di cos I can't manage my uniform today! Hope you are feeling better Karen x

Words and Pictures said...

What a perfect assemblage of elements - they work brilliantly together... this is one of my favourites of yours.
Alison x

G Peplow said...

Brilliant!! Jammies, I love jammy days, hope you're feeling better:D Great card, lots of snippets used up too, success!! Gay x

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty! Love the flower & the flourish.
Kate

Di said...

Lovely card Sam - so many great elements and brilliant colour combination. Bet your friend loves it :)

Playground rules state quite clearly that PJs are allowed at weekends - with fluffy slippers and dressing gowns with hoods when it's cold! Sigh, I now have this vision of a whole crowd turning up in their onesies to play next weekend!

Hugs, Di xx

Kim said...

Beautiful card!!! I so love your use of layers...

Anonymous said...

What a great challenge to set yourself.
You brought everything together so wonderfully well in this fabulous composition.
Wishes
Lynne

Debs Willis said...

Lovely card Sam, great mix of styles & techniques

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Hettie, love all the bits and bobs, they go together so well :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

Oy, I'm either losing it or you deleted my comment on this post. I swear I left one ... where are those darn meds ...?

Your snippets make is fantastic, Sam!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, hon. I will meet you by the swings. I'll be wearing my bright orange snuggly robe with hood. You can't miss me. It will be like a school bus running straight for you! (I just thought of all the naughty goodies that could be snuck in under that robe! Hic! Sssh!)

Mrs A. said...

Nothing wrong with keepin your PJ's on. Still had mine on whilst watering the front garden this morning! Didn't need to bother though as it has rained this afternoon. Hugs Mrs a.

scrappymo! said...

Very nice! Don't think I could have gven that lovely butterfly die away...What a lot of use it would get!!!
I like the use of the flower book page...it so suits this card.