Wednesday 2 November 2011

WOYWW 126 - New Balls Please!!

Happy Hump Day Peeps!

Yes, it is Wednesday, hence we are now over the hump of the week and downhill to the weekend!!  I cannot believe we are in November - where has the year gone?

Today's the day when a large number of (daft) crafters show their desks, floors, dining room tables, ironing boards and other crafters hop from one desk to the other to see what they are up to.  All of this wonderful phenonomonon is the brainwave of the wonderful Julia Dunnit!!

Here is my desk........

Not much different you may think, but those keen eyed crafters who have been here before will spot that the pile of "stuff" at the back of my desk has decreased and there is a new project on the go.  This little project was started a little while ago and was buried under the stuff on my desk, but I finished the suitcase albums, moved the scraps out of the way, and then dug out this little project. 

It is a mini album of my chookies when we first had them.  It is a "me" project that will have to be put to one side again as I have my Craft Fayre looming ever closer!!  I also learnt today that a Craft Fayre that I have been involved in before has a table for me - two days after the other one! Yikes!!  Hopefully I will be able to have a good session on the weekend, which plan was scuppered last weekend due to me being a poorly bunny!

If you would like to see my little suitcase I did whilst on holiday in Cornwall, please click HERE to see it. 

I know Halloween is over but I could not resist showing you the pumpkin Hubby and I did this year.  It had to be a joint effort as I was not up to doing it all myself!!


Off to work I go and then dancing and after that I will be able to fly over to your desk for a peek!!

TTFN and Happy Crafting!

Hettie.

25 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

hahaha our pages are up before Julia's, love your suitcase
Bridget #??? lol

Annie said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Sam. Love your pumpkin....how clever are you two.
A x

Sarn said...

Happy Hump Day my friend . . . ooh, that's a good idea about a chook book! LOL!

Hope you're feeling better now and work hasn't been too stressful.

HAPPY WOYWW!
Hugs, Sandra View my desk HERE!

Sarn said...

Forgot to say . . . good luck at BOTH your Craft Fayres! I'm sure you'll be a sell out.

xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Where to start Hettie - loving the pumpkin, crikey! I've seen the suitcase album, it's marvellous. The album for your chooks will be a great pick up put down thing for real 'me time' crafting. Good luck withthe craft fairs, LLJan does them too - I'm full of admiration!

Karen said...

WOW that Pumpkin is amazing Sam and lovely craft projects too :)

I hope both your craft fayres go well, it sounds like you will be very busy. Take care, Karen xxx

PsyPenguin said...

Wow, I'm seriously impressed by your pumpkin. I also had a peek at your suitcase album - it's fantastic! xx

Helen said...

great pumpkin carving! love your desk - and the suitcase .

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is such a fantastic piece of carving on that pumpkin. Well done.

Jingle said...

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Weren't you just saying something about cleaning MY desk? LOL! I kid, i kid! HA! Your album looks great!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

OMG, I have pumpkin envy!! I didn't think that I'd be saying THAT at any time today, lolol!! You clever twosome creating that - I'm very fond of witches :) Have you read any of the Witch stories by Terry Pratchett?? The ones about Tiffany Aching are superb - I'm a big fan!
It always works that you end up with craft fairs bunched together, my diary has filled up so fast that I'm wondering if I've got enough stuff to put on the stalls and how much more I need to make! Glutton for punishment, that's what I am. Need to learn to say NO sometimes, rather then have M.U.G. writ large on my forehead *sigh*
Hugs, LLJ xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh that's hugely different that last week, lol! Love the pumpkin! Why does you holiday book to Cornwall say Paris on it!!!

Hugs
Brenda 74

Hazel said...

Your desk looks full of busy-ness - the album looks a good idea. Hope the craft fairs go well x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Your album looks great and oh wow, what a pumpkin!!! Great happy woyww trAce x

dianneo said...

Daft crafters - yup - that explains us! Have a super week!

Hettie said...

In answer to your question Brenda, it's cos Tim Holtz doesn't have any stamps with Cornwall on!! LOL! Seriously though, when I made the album I didn't have a plan for it, then once I had made it I decided to use it for Cornwall!!!

Anonymous said...

Touche, dear Sam, touche!

Brenda

Polly Polkadot said...

oh a chook-book fantastic please show us the finished result (though I understand it might be January!).

Tracey FK said...

Love the suitcase and that pumpkin is amazing... but the hump day made me laugh out loud... not going to tell my husband about it though as it has quite a different meaning here in Australia !! happy WOYWW

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a lovely small book on your desk. Love the colours you've used for this pictures. Good to hear you have a Christmas Lunch with your Quilt group too. Hope these birds inspire you to make a small project.
xFranka

okienurse said...

Nice desk! Love the valise scrap book you made so chic! Very nice pumpkin! Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Funny thought I commented on this post when I was here earleir in the week, noting the Craft Fayre and all - maybe blogger was play up happened with a few, or I am getting senile :D I do love your wee birdie pickies and have fun doing it all thanks for popping over and leaving comments - happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

lisa said...

Hi Sam
Just popping by to wish you a belated Happy WOYWW. Your Chooks project is looking lovely. Those papers are yummy.
Your pumpkin is a work of art too!!
Good Luck with both Craft Fayres, that sounds hectic, I've got one in December and that's more than enough got me!!!
Sorry to hear you've been a bit under the weather. Hope things are improving now. This mild weather is spreading the germs about isn't it.
Had a browse through your Cornwall suitcase!! I love the way you dispay your holiday photos. I must get mine organised.
Have a lovely weekend and don't work too hard.
Hugs Lisax

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Sorry having a right old laugh!!! You told me to tidy my desk before I went out.....so did you? I didnt lol, but had to shift it all when I got in lol, thansk for the comments hun, I appreciate it , xx and that pumpkin was wicked!!!

Chrissie said...

Sorry I'm so late.. lots of yummy stuff and a fab pumpkin!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Chrissie