Monday 17 January 2011

Trust your Crazy Ideas!

How true is this stamp! 

Well you have to start somewhere so I have decided to start here. 

Hello!  I am new to this blogging thing that I have ventured into but nothing ventured nothing gained. 

I follow a few blogs of some amazing craftey people and I have a few people who have encouraged me to start one of my own in order to share with you some of my little craftey bits that I make.  So here I am!
The title is of a wall hanging that I made when my friend Mandy came up for a crafting session one Sunday in October 2010.  We were going through some of the techniques in Tim Holtz's Comendium of Curiosities book.  Here we were trying Distress Embossing Powder.  One thing led to another and hey presto, this little wall hanging came to fruition.  Hope you like it! 

I realise that I am going to have to make a note of all products used on projects that I am going to upload to my blog so I am going to have to hazard a guess as to what I used in this wall hanging and see what I can remember using. 


Thanks for looking.  Feel free to leave any comments you may wish.  Hope to see you soon. 

Products:  A5 Canvas board, gesso, tag, Tim Holtz - Philosophy tag, Pin, Spinner, Distress inks: peeled paint, mustard seed, rusty hinge, walnut stain, honey; Perfect pearls: rust;  Die: Tattered floral, Stamps: Tim Holtz - Life's possibilities,  Lost and found, French market, Trust your crazy ideas; Hero Arts - Dandelion; Penny Black - Flying Stars; Blade Rubber Stamps - Thistle.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yay, am I the first to say congrats on becoming a blogger?
I love the hanging you've made and you've given me an idea for all the Tim tags I made for Christmas: I'm thinking pages in similar size bound together.
Look forward to visiting again.

Hels Sheridan said...

This is FAB!!! And congrats on your new blog... looking forward to seeing more of your work x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah wondered when your started and still doing well too, Shaz in oz.x