Friday 21 January 2011

Thank Crunchie!!!!!! Angela's card

Hello there gals (and guys!).  Lickle me again. 

Am I glad it is Friday today.  It has been one looooooong week!  Work has been non-stop and manic!!!

Hey-Ho!!

I am in my lickle craftey room and I thought that as it was my friend Angela's Birthday earlier this week, and I know that she has now received her card, you might like to see it. 

The card is a standard 7x5 white card.  The circles paper on the left is Crate paper left over from a scrapbook layout (trying to be good and reduce my scrappie box!!)  The paper on the right is part of the My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus 6x6 which I recently bought.  The stamped image is (one of) my current favourite Penny Black stamps which I printed twice with Brown Stayzon and cut out the flower, adhered it 3d style and used gold schtickles for the centre. 


To make the birdie I adhered cream cardstock onto a piece of chipboard which I then stamped using Hero Arts stamp (Original Definitions), using brown Stayzon, before running it through my Big Shot using a Tim Holtz Alterations Die.  I trimmed off the branch and used Brushed Corduroy ink to colour legs and around the edges of the bird.  A dab of black schtickles made the eye.
.  

The label and Smile bingo card are made using my Silhouette using Print and Cut and I then stamped the label with another Penny Black stamp - Happy Birthday. 


I then wrapped ribbon around before adhering all the layers to the card base with a mixture of ATG adhesive and foam pads to create differing layers.  Finally I used a mixture of liquid pearls and schtickles to decorate and left overnight to dry.  Ink used to edge is Distress Ink - Vintage Photo

Hope you like this card.  I know my friend did!!

Thanks for viewing.  Hope I have given you some ideas!!

Do please feel free to leave me comments.  I love to read them! 

2 comments:

Suzilou said...

Lovelly card Sam, lots of fab things going on, love the bird and that Happy Birthday stamp.Glad your friend liked it :) xx

Hettie said...

Thanks Suzilou. I really appreciate the compliments. I saw my friend Angela tonight and she told me it had pride of place in her home!! That is nice to know!!