Friday 5 August 2016

Hellooooo....

Florida woman stops alligator attack using a small Beretta pistol 
 
This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.  What is the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself? 
A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.... Here is her story in her own words:
 "While out walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in The Villages with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging us with its large jaws wide open.  She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.  If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today!" 
 "Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.... The 'gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.  It's one of the best pistols in my collection!  Plus the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible."
"His insurance was the big bonus. I’m comfortable now." 

I know it has been a while since I have been here but busy busy with working and studying.  Never mind, I am joining in with Annie over at Friday Smiles!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hettie 

19 comments:

Kathyk said...

Har Har!

Good to see you at the weekend - I messaged the pic to Sarn too!

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Annie said...

Oh that's sooooooo funny. I have tears running down my face here now. Thanks for that Sam....don't forget to link up and share it please.
Hugs,
Annie x

Mrs A. said...

He he , couldn't get the punch line and of course there was no evidence left of her wrong doung. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Funny - like it.
Nice to hear from you and glad that you are well.
Take care.

Kath x

Ashley H said...

Lol!

Lisca said...

Haha, sooo funny! Must tell my hubby when he comes in. I didn't see that coming. Great!
Thanks for the (huge) smile,
Lisca

JoZart Designs said...

You are so naughty.... but I love it!
Jo x

Carol L said...

Oh my gawd, that's flippin funny! Well worth waiting for :)

Helen said...

oh, Hettie,I have missed your Friday funnies!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Hettie, that one had me guessing....but wow very very funny. Have a fab weekend Cheers Robyn

mamapez5 said...

Nice to see you back with us, and once again you gave us all a smile, or a good laugh if the others are like me. Kate xx

Lesley said...

very funny, initialy I thought a true story but soon realised it was a humerous one . . Lesley x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Hettie. Sorry to hear work is getting in the way, it's such a pain.
Have a great week, Angela x

Diane said...

Oh Hettie another funny story.

Hugs Diane

Mrs A. said...

Got any statutes need cleaning? Hugs Norm.

Words and Pictures said...

Excellent work! It's been a while since I've been here too, but glad to hear you're busy. I actually had a flying visit to Abergavenny recently, but it was pretty much "arrive, go to wedding, go home again". Will let you know when I'm in town, though as I'm in the States til November now, it won't be any time soon!
Hugs,
Alison x

scrappymo! said...

Hi there
A delightful card arrived today and I love it!
Thanks so much Sam. It really came at a time when it was much needed.

I have had friends and relatives staying over for a few days each (after the funeral. Not all could get the time off work on the actual day so came after to share memories and good times.
The last one left on Monday and forgot something...her cold...hahahaha
We have all been down for the count...Al and I and the grandkids and Carolyn and son-in-law.
So nice to see your creativity today!

Di said...

Hi there Sam! Just spotted your comment on today's blog post in the Playground - of course we'd love to have you come back and play! Happy New Year chick!

Love

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Hi There too. Just spotted you over at the playground. In a bit of a bother here. Don’t suppose you could take some penguins off my hands could you?. My true love/not keeps on sending em to me! Lol. Happy New Year Hettie and look forward to catching up on old and new times behind the bike sheds. Hugs Mr A(the 1st).
🦋🐧